My cousin had recently paid me a visit. He lives in a town and his trip to Bhubaneswar (ultimately) served a dual purpose.

Firstly his parents went to a local temple and carried out a puja for him. He had this odd problem. At night he would start shouting out things in odd languages kicking and smacking whoever slept beside him. The priest who was performing the puja blammed this behaviour on the misalignment of planets.(Sometimes I wonder if these planets would not be there who would be there to blame.India!!!)


That night he had slept with me. He starts shouting in his sleep. "Pikachu try electric shock. Shin Shan look out there's mom.Doraemon,Pokemon,Digimon....Tom evade attack. Goku and Picollo save Gohan..." Someone save me. This guy was kicking and smacking me. I woke him up and asked him what he was dreaming about. He drank water and slept again. I did not try to sleep again on the bed - the sofa is much better.

Next day things became clearer. I stayed with my cousin the whole day and all he did was watch television and all he watched on television was cartoons. So that's it...He appeared to be a complete addict actually and got on a high as if he is on drugs.




He was watching Tom and Jerry (Who does not love this?) and as there are no dialogues in the cartoon he was giving commentary describing the scenes and characters and descriptions and their associated dialogues - all given in all the three languages he knew. Hey that's good na!His eloquence and extempore was superb.

But as soon as I told this to my aunt and uncle, they were hell bent that this kid needs to be shown to a psychatrist. And they did go...



THE PRESCRIPTION
All cartoon channels be blocked from this child. He suffers from Cartoon-mania.

4 Views & Reviews Expressed:

he he .. that happens, in fact i was a Cartoon Network addict too, though not this extreme, and i would live my life by the Swat Kats ... how i loved them ... sigh ...

anyways check my blog

@subhayan
dude evn i luvd swat cats and i also liked johnny quest... but dis bro of mine was way abv me

ya johnny quest was pretty cool ... that was the first 3D cartoon I saw ...

Man your cousin is a psycho... u sure ure not exaggerating? im yet to see a person making actions more than those required to turn over, in their sleep... i wud have liked to see that spectacle.... from a safe distance tho....

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Readers

Live Activity

Tag Cloud

B'Day of a Blog

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Hit Counter