11 PM

"Debi just tell hello to the person I put you through on the conference now, okay,"said Shruti.

"Okay." So finally she had found someone for me. YIPEEE!!!

"Hi." Said a defintively male voice.

I said hello as instructed and he kept the phone. So this girl is trying to hook me up with a guy or what? I needed an explanation.

She called five minutes later.

"Debi, thanks a lot. That guy was such a bore. Let me tel you then what all he has been telling..."

That made me heave a sigh of relief and all my questions were answered(at least those that mattered.)

"See. Anurag is this guy in my class. He somehow got my phone number and is calling me up at odd hours. First up he calls and when I ask him his name he tells "What's in a name oh pretty maiden, call me by any I will still be yours " and then after a pause adds "by Shakespeare with the help of Anurag." So Debi see he actually gives me his name but ..."

"...praises himself also.He has style then. Quite a casanova you have got there," I say looking at the broken watch on my table.

"I talked first. Just like that. But he does not want just like that. He wants all that. Comes up with cheesy romantic lines and bores. He must have told that I am beautiful about a hundred times in the two times he has actually called. Seriously boys do get a little over-confident on phone, Orkut, Facebook etc etc as compared to real-life.But I know he is just a 'windy' guy."

She really knows guys then. Or at least thinks so? But another terminology after Kutian.'Windy.."

"'Windy' meaning?" asked a confused Debi.

"Windy as in who talks a lot and thus creates a lot of wind and is incapable of strong action. So today when he called first I let it ring and then informed you. So he thought my father or brother picked up and thus hung."

Smart thinking there (na?). Seriously girls in colleges and in higher education ar subject to such idiotic overtures of 'friendship' and I guess Shruti did come up with a good way to avoid but then you need to have conference call facility for that.

"Issued in Public Interest for People who have the Chromosome that I don't"


4 Views & Reviews Expressed:

The title is cool! The strategy used by Shruti is very smart! I liked it.
And the disclaimer is very funny indeed :D

:D ... good one ... but i've tagged u again ... chec k:)

@Subhayan
hey that can't be donne again... i ll add ur name also

@shilpa

thanks a lot.no one was commenting on this for quite a long time so i had begun to question the content of the post.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Readers

Live Activity

Tag Cloud

B'Day of a Blog

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Hit Counter