Sarcasm, by definition, is an cutting often ironic statement intended to wound or humour. Definitely not something to use when you are at the barber's. Why you may want to ask? Because of the following events:


1. A bright,sunny Sunday it was and God only knows why everyone in this part of the country finds Sunday the unwritten day to get your haircut. The practical reason behind this trend is obviously Sunday being a holiday and you need not worry about going to work but can worry about your looks. So there was this really long queue at the barber's.

After having read the newspaper twice and heard to all the vernacular hits from the stereo and forty-five minutes the guy just ahead of me his turn came. He was still scooping the newspaper and had also waited 45 minutes. The barber guy asked him,"Sir,have you come to have your hair cut?"

"No I have come to read the newspaper." The man said with heavy sarcasm and returned to his news. So I went ahead and got seated.

Fifteen minutes later as I was leaving our sarcasm man was bickering why his turn had not come and the barber guy replied, "Sir you only said yourself you just came to read the newspaper. Believe me sir some people come here to do that."

But 'sir' was not in the mood for sarcasm.

2.I had gone for a haircut and this barber guy asks me "Do you want to have a shave also?"
This time I reply sarcastically "Yeah definitely. Shave also. That will also test how well you can shave others." I told this cause I had shaved myself just the day before.

But seriously this guy had no sense of sarcasm and had prepared his foam and was about to apply when I stopped him.

Seriously , barbers might be good at talking about a lot of topics while doing their job but sarcasm does not go well with them.

9 Views & Reviews Expressed:

reminds me of a hair cut ... lol ... i hate them, i go into the barber's .. er ..chamber looking like a human, come out looking like a shelled coconut ... sigh ...

@Subhayan
lol.... shelled coconut.that was funny...hey do give full fledged review of phone soon i am waiting

You seems to have a knack of picking up real interesting conversations from people behind the railway booking counter, barber!!! :)

Nice way to put it across.
Even I get real sarcastic when anyone ask stupid questions like the barber asked that guy!!

@Amrit
most of the time i can't resist such interesting stuff happening and usually that happens while i am in a line or on a train or bus or sth in which i hv to kill time

Hey! I'd like to be a bit sarci too!
As Jane Austen had said: You have delighted us long enough!! :D

@Shilpa

Well that comment of yours is very ironical... you will come to know soon

How?????I am wondering..curious...

Hi! Just Checking! Subhayan wants to post a comment and is not able to do so!

such a wonderful post for different feelings.
Formspring clone script

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Readers

Live Activity

Tag Cloud

B'Day of a Blog

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Hit Counter